|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2020-11-24 09:05 UTC|
|Main | My View | View Issues | Change Log | Roadmap|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0000002||Zaiband||[All Projects] Backend/Core||public||2011-01-09 23:34||2011-01-10 09:49|
|Target Version||Vaporware||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0000002: Monsters should wake up sleeping monsters|
|Description||Cf. http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=733&page=4 [^] .|
This should be easy, with the already-revised noise system. Probably we should require sleeping monsters to be in LoS of a monster that also has LoS on the player (otherwise the DL will wake up way too fast.)
Thinking about this more carefully: If a monster has LoS to the player
* If the monster also has LoS to a sleeping monster, then try to wake up the sleeping monster. Use minimum of sensory ranges for this. [Done]
* If the player resists something, update resistance information. If we have LoS on an awake monster that uses the resisted attack, and that does not have LoS on the player, communicate the resistance information.
* Wake-up shouting precludes communication. Set some reasonable limit on communication attempts per round (3 or 4), possibly controlled by internal energy level.
Note that not all monsters can communicate with other monsters, or receive communications. It is also unclear how many languages are involved.
* All Morgothian employees understand each other. [Change terminology when deTolkeinizing the setting.]
* STUPID monsters neither try to communicate, nor receive communications.
* Maybe an ASOCIAL flag that turns off communication outright? (Tigers, for instance.)
* Hounds (Z and C) are rather vocal, but not awesomely intelligible to others.
* Elementals and organic beings should be natively mutually unintelligible.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|2011-01-09 23:34||zaimoni||New Issue|
|2011-01-10 09:49||zaimoni||Target Version||=> Vaporware|
|Copyright © 2000 - 2010 MantisBT Group|